Armed Bear Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Armed Bear Survival

ArmedBearArmory.com

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices Empty
PostSubject: Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices   Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 pm

IMHO, everybody needs a 4WD, whether for the emergency bug-out or just getting to work in terrible weather.. This being said, i was in the market for said 4wd. I wasn't too sure about what i wanted exactly, but i knew it had to be an SUV, as it keeps your equipment dry and you can sleep in the back without the elements getting to you, if need be.

After much looking, i found a '97 Land Rover Discovery. My thinking was "HEY!! 4WD and Luxury too!!", and bought it. BAD IDEA! It dawned on me one day while i was sitting at a stoplight in my town. I look to my right and see a Chevy Blazer. I see another Blazer go through the intersection. Hey, there's a Blazer sitting on the other side of the intersection. In the course of sitting at this stoplight, i saw about 5 Blazers at one time or another, and a light bulb goes on above my head (as well as a 'DOH!). It occurs to me that if the SHTF (Stuff Hits The Fan) and something goes wrong with the Land Rover (and it WILL), finding parts might get really hard. Whereas, if i had a BLAZER, chances are MUCH better that i can break into just about ANY garage (hey, the game is to SURVIVE!) and find a Blazer for parts.

I just wanted to pass off that lesson learned..
Back to top Go down
http://armedbear.com
GunNut

GunNut

Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices   Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:47 am

That why I bought a 2000 Dodges Durango 4x4 theirs a ton of them around here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.americangunowners.net

Mistakes in Bug Out Vehicle Choices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armed Bear Survival :: Survival of the Fittest :: Survival Transport-
Jump to: