Armed Bear Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Armed Bear Survival

ArmedBearArmory.com

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OPEC Up Yours

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodbath

OPEC Up Yours Empty
PostSubject: OPEC Up Yours   OPEC Up Yours Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 am

You will have to take my Diesel from my cold dead hands! afro
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

OPEC Up Yours Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEC Up Yours   OPEC Up Yours Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:18 am

That's the spirit. Though, I believe that alternative fuels should be explored. The first good idea should not necessarily be jumped on though, like they did with ethanol. There IS an answer out there, we just have to find it.
Back to top Go down
http://armedbear.com
Supertryp

OPEC Up Yours Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEC Up Yours   OPEC Up Yours Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Ethenol is crap. You can't pump it via a pipeline, it has to be trucked or shipped via barge, which makes it impractical. That, and its efficiency rating is much lower than gasoline.

My solution: Drill in ANWR, drill off the continental shelf, drill everywhere! Heckl, I'd even move my kid's swing set so they could drill in my back yard. Whatever it takes to get more oil on the market. With that said, however, I do think that alternatives need to be explored while this is going on. Coal, natural gas, wind, solar, etc., can all be viable, large scale sources of energy. Regardless of what the tree huggers say though, oil is NOT the enemy - ignorance is. Every aspect of your modern life is touched by oil: your car, medicine, computers, etc. are all either made of, or made possible by, oil at some point so getting rid of it altogether is not an option. There exists no known all-encompassing replacement for oil. But for some aspects there are, and those are the areas we should look into.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

OPEC Up Yours Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEC Up Yours   OPEC Up Yours Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 5:31 am

Again, my post from yesterday seems to have disappeared, so here goes again!!

Yes, I agree!! DRILL DRILL DRILL!!! Drill EVERYWHERE!! I had my drill (with my longest drill bit) in the backyard the other day, but unfortunately, the only thing i struck was dog bones and a buried cat that looks suspiciously like the neighbors' missing kitty (DOOOOOGGG!!)
Back to top Go down
http://armedbear.com
Sponsored content

OPEC Up Yours Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEC Up Yours   OPEC Up Yours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OPEC Up Yours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armed Bear Survival :: General :: Poly-Ticks (many blood sucking insects)-
Jump to: